Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Elaine Li <el...@gmail.com> on 2011/07/19 18:11:28 UTC

delta import exception

Hi,

I am trying to trace the exception I get from the deletedPkQuery I am
running.
When I kick off the delta-import, the statusMessage has the following
message after 2 hours, but no single document was modified or deleted.
<str name="Total Rows Fetched">2813450</str>
and then it bailed out when i submitted another heavy query on the mysql
prompt.

Does it mean that the importer was still trying to identify documents to
update/delete?
It might be because the deletedPkQuery takes too long to return the
documents?
Where is the source code for getNext()?
I could not find under apache-solr-1.4.0/src/java/org/apache/solr/handler

Caused by: java.io.EOFException: Can not read response from server. Expected
to read 4 bytes, read 0 bytes before connection was unexpectedly lost.
        at com.mysql.jdbc.MysqlIO.readFully(MysqlIO.java:2455)
        at com.mysql.jdbc.MysqlIO.reuseAndReadPacket(MysqlIO.java:2906)
        ... 22 more
Jul 19, 2011 11:35:00 AM
org.apache.solr.handler.dataimport.EntityProcessorBase getNext
SEVERE: getNext() failed for query ' *******removed*******'

org.apache.solr.handler.dataimport.DataImportHandlerException:
com.mysql.jdbc.exceptions.jdbc4.CommunicationsException: The last packet
successfully received from the server was0 milliseconds ago.The last packet
sent successfully to the server was 9042 milliseconds ago, which  is longer
than the server configured value of 'wait_timeout'. You should consider
either expiring and/or testing connection validity before use in your
application, increasing the server configured values for client timeouts, or
using the Connector/J connection property 'autoReconnect=true' to avoid this
problem.
        at
org.apache.solr.handler.dataimport.DataImportHandlerException.wrapAndThrow(DataImportHandlerException.java:64)
        at
org.apache.solr.handler.dataimport.JdbcDataSource$ResultSetIterator.hasnext(JdbcDataSource.java:339)
        at
org.apache.solr.handler.dataimport.JdbcDataSource$ResultSetIterator.access$700(JdbcDataSource.java:228)
        at
org.apache.solr.handler.dataimport.JdbcDataSource$ResultSetIterator$1.hasNext(JdbcDataSource.java:262)
        at
org.apache.solr.handler.dataimport.EntityProcessorBase.getNext(EntityProcessorBase.java:78)
        at
org.apache.solr.handler.dataimport.SqlEntityProcessor.nextDeletedRowKey(SqlEntityProcessor.java:93)
        at
org.apache.solr.handler.dataimport.EntityProcessorWrapper.nextDeletedRowKey(EntityProcessorWrapper.java:258)
        at
org.apache.solr.handler.dataimport.DocBuilder.collectDelta(DocBuilder.java:636)
        at
org.apache.solr.handler.dataimport.DocBuilder.doDelta(DocBuilder.java:258)
        at
org.apache.solr.handler.dataimport.DocBuilder.execute(DocBuilder.java:172)
        at
org.apache.solr.handler.dataimport.DataImporter.doDeltaImport(DataImporter.java:352)
        at
org.apache.solr.handler.dataimport.DataImporter.runCmd(DataImporter.java:391)
        at
org.apache.solr.handler.dataimport.DataImporter$1.run(DataImporter.java:370)

Elaine