Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Romi <ro...@gmail.com> on 2011/07/23 13:32:37 UTC

How to check that solr server is running

i have implemented search in my E commerce application. which hit
solr(running on port 8983) to get the search result

solr url is

*url
=solrURL+"/solr/db/select/?qt=dismax&wt=json&&start="+start+"&rows="+end+"&q="+lowerCaseQuery+"&hl=true&hl.fl=text&hl.usePhraseHighlighter=true&sort=
score desc ,"+sort+" "+order+"&json.wrf=?"*

and using getJson i am getting the solr response.

 $.getJSON(url, function(result){

now my problem is how can i determine that solr server is running.

-----
Thanks & Regards
Romi

Re: How to check that solr server is running

Posted by Kyle Lee <ra...@gmail.com>.
This is more of a jQuery question than a question about Solr. In any case,
if Solr isn't running at the location specified, then the connection will be
refused, and an error will be thrown. You can easily set up a handler that
will fire when this event occurs:

http://api.jquery.com/ajaxError/