Posted to general@hadoop.apache.org by Alex Baranau <al...@gmail.com> on 2010/08/25 19:01:38 UTC

Searching Hadoop project(s) content

Hello guys,

Over at http://search-hadoop.com we index Hadoop sub-project's mailing
lists, wiki, web site,
source code, javadoc, jira... Including general MLs for Hadoop TLP.

Would the community be interested in a patch that replaces the
Google-powered
search with that from search-hadoop.com by default?

We look into adding this search service for all Hadoop's sub-projects, so we
think it will be good (and consistent) to use this it on Hadoop TLP main
page as well.

Assuming people are for this, any suggestions for how the search should
function by default or any specific instructions for how the search box
should
be modified would be great!

Thank you,
Alex Baranau.

P.S. HBase community already accepted our proposal (please refer to
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HBASE-2886) and new version (0.90)
will include new search box. Also the patch is available for TIKA (we are in
the process of discussing some details now):
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TIKA-488. Hadoop's site looks much
like Avro's for which we also created patch recently (
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AVRO-626).

Re: Searching Hadoop project(s) content

Posted by Nigel Daley <nd...@mac.com>.
Big +1. This is cool and gr8 that it uses Solr.

Cheers,
Nige