Posted to dev@ant.apache.org by "John H. Lee" <jl...@c.kiracom.com> on 2000/07/13 00:15:11 UTC

Property value referencing another property

Excuse me if this is not the correct forum for user questions...I can't
find archives for this list (or any other Jakarta list!).  URL?

The Built in tasks --> Property section of the Ant User Manual states:

   The value part of the properties being set, might contain references
   to other properties. These references are resolved at the time these
   properties are set. This also holds for properties loaded from a
   property file.

I understand this to mean I can do something like:

<property file="my.properties" />

where my.properties contains:

home=/home/jlee
serverroot=${home}/serverroot

As I'm sure you know, ${serverroot} == "${home}/serverroot", not
"/home/jlee/serverroot".  Short of putting all properties in build.xml,
can anyone recommend a way to get around this?

Thanks!

-John

Re: Property value referencing another property

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@bost.de>.

 JHL> I can't find archives for this list (or any other Jakarta
 JHL> list!).  URL?

Take a close look at the welcome messages you've received when you
subscribed to this group (or any other Jakarta list! 8^).

 JHL> As I'm sure you know, ${serverroot} == "${home}/serverroot",

There has been a patch by Glenn McAllister addressing this issue. It's
lying on my disk and waiting to be reviewed and commited. Should
happen today.

Stefan