Posted to dev@hc.apache.org by Sam Berlin <sb...@gmail.com> on 2005/11/27 23:17:53 UTC

FishEye?

Hi Folks,

I was browsing around the other day and came across
http://fisheye.cenqua.com/viewrep/jakarta , which is a FishEye
repository of Jakarta projects.  (FishEye is a ViewCVS-like system,
but much neater and easier to use.  My personal favorite about it is
an RSS feed for commits, to get rid of commit-spam.)

The repository apparently has the commons' version of httpclient
available, but not the newer version.  (This is probably because the
version they're using is an older version which doesn't support SVN,
though the newer version of FishEye does support SVN.)

It'd be nice to see HttpClient through FishEye.  If folks are
interested, I can rummage around and see how to go about getting it
listed.  (I know a few of the folks on the FishEye team.)

Anyways -- my apologies for what looks like a plug for FishEye.   I
was just kind of excited when I noticed Jakarta projects were listed,
since I'm a big fan of easy-to-use viewcvs-like stuff, and still am
interested in doing things for HttpClient, but found it somewhat
difficult to get an overall picture of the history of some things.

Thanks,
 Sam

Re: FishEye?

Posted by Ortwin Glück <od...@odi.ch>.

Sam Berlin wrote:
> Hi Folks,
>
> I was browsing around the other day and came across
> http://fisheye.cenqua.com/viewrep/jakarta , which is a FishEye
> repository of Jakarta projects.  (FishEye is a ViewCVS-like system,
> but much neater and easier to use.  My personal favorite about it is
> an RSS feed for commits, to get rid of commit-spam.)

Hi Sam,

> The repository apparently has the commons' version of httpclient
> available, but not the newer version.  (This is probably because the
> version they're using is an older version which doesn't support SVN,
> though the newer version of FishEye does support SVN.)

I have no idea what repository they are using. It seems it is some
snapshot past 3.0-a2 which is quite dated already. If the repository is
not the current one, it is of no use to me.

> It'd be nice to see HttpClient through FishEye.  If folks are
> interested, I can rummage around and see how to go about getting it
> listed.  (I know a few of the folks on the FishEye team.)

They need filesystem access to the CVS repository. Of course this is not
available. If people are interested in FishEye they should speak to
infrastructure. Maybe ASF can get a license (as we have for Clover).
Personally I am not a great fan of FishEye.

> Anyways -- my apologies for what looks like a plug for FishEye.   I
> was just kind of excited when I noticed Jakarta projects were listed,
> since I'm a big fan of easy-to-use viewcvs-like stuff, and still am
> interested in doing things for HttpClient, but found it somewhat
> difficult to get an overall picture of the history of some things.
>
> Thanks,
>  Sam

Cheers

Odi

Re: FishEye?

Posted by Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>.
On Sun, 2005-11-27 at 17:17 -0500, Sam Berlin wrote:
> Hi Folks,
>
> I was browsing around the other day and came across
> http://fisheye.cenqua.com/viewrep/jakarta , which is a FishEye
> repository of Jakarta projects.  (FishEye is a ViewCVS-like system,
> but much neater and easier to use.  My personal favorite about it is
> an RSS feed for commits, to get rid of commit-spam.)
>
> The repository apparently has the commons' version of httpclient
> available, but not the newer version.  (This is probably because the
> version they're using is an older version which doesn't support SVN,
> though the newer version of FishEye does support SVN.)
>
> It'd be nice to see HttpClient through FishEye.  If folks are
> interested, I can rummage around and see how to go about getting it
> listed.  (I know a few of the folks on the FishEye team.)

Sam,

Please do so. That would be hugely appreciated. However, I do suspect we
can't just get Commons HttpClient or Jakarta HttpComponents treated
separately from the rest of Apache projects as both projects reside in
the Apache wide SVN repository.

Oleg