Posted to batik-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by "Schneider, Volker" <Vo...@danet.de> on 2006/06/16 10:58:12 UTC

Hotspots with Batik

Dear colleagues,

does anybody know how to use hotspots with Batik?

A hotspot can be an element or a group of elements. When clicking on
them the drawing is centered to an other defined element linked to the
clicked "hotspot element".

I could not find a solution for this (only some hints to class
CursorManager), but I often read that this would be supported by Batik.

Thanks in advance, best regards

- Volker Schneider -

Re: Hotspots with Batik

Posted by th...@kodak.com.
Hi Volker,

"Schneider, Volker" <Vo...@danet.de> wrote on 06/16/2006
04:58:12 AM:

> does anybody know how to use hotspots with Batik?

    I think you want to look at the SVG 'a' element.
There are a couple of examples in samples/tests/spec/linking
in the Batik distributions.

> A hotspot can be an element or a group of elements. When clicking on
them the
> drawing is centered to an other defined element linked to the clicked
?hotspotelement?.

> I could not find a solution for this (only some hints to class
CursorManager),
> but I often read that this would be supported by Batik.

   Batik let's you do a number of things along these lines.