Posted to dev@camel.apache.org by Andrea <an...@tarocch.it> on 2021/04/26 13:38:42 UTC

[HEADS UP] - Camel Kafka Connector migration to kamelets

Hello,

I have recently pushed https://github.com/apache/camel-kafka-connector/tree/kamelets this feature branch as an initial work to migrate ckc to kamelets.

This is just a first step in the process: right now I have simply re-implemented internal logic to use camel-kamelet component and be compatible with ckc existing connectors and how they are expected to be configured.

The idea would be to gradually move the project to also generate kafka connectors starting from the kamelets catalog: https://camel.apache.org/camel-kamelets/latest/ at the moment the camel kafka connectors are generated starting from the camel-catalog (so one for each existing camel component).

Doing so, in the beginning, would result in a mismatch in terms of number of provided connectors, but in the long run would assure a better connector quality and an easier maintenance since kamelets are reused across runtimes.

Let me know what you think and if you have concerns, ideas and willingness to help in the endeavour.

Cheers,
Andrea.

Re: [HEADS UP] - Camel Kafka Connector migration to kamelets

Posted by Otavio Rodolfo Piske <an...@gmail.com>.
Hello Andrea,

That's really cool, great work!

+1 from me. I am currently going through our tests results. I am
investigating the CI issues we've had during the last weeks, and I am
available to help as well!

Kind regards

--
Otavio R. Piske
http://orpiske.net

Re: [HEADS UP] - Camel Kafka Connector migration to kamelets

Posted by Andrea Cosentino <an...@gmail.com>.
Hello,