Posted to general@incubator.apache.org by Jim Apple <jb...@cloudera.com> on 2016/09/27 15:33:00 UTC

[VOTE] Impala 2.7.0 release candidate 3

The Impala PPMC has voted to release 2.7.0 release candidate 3:

Proposal:

http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-impala-dev/201609.mbox/%3CCAC-pSX36EbVohLNXdg7pV7i3gkv5_JajZ8ekbZM9OguOi9fH0Q%40mail.gmail.com%3E

Mirror:

https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/530925a9689157059d6de31a4e3f97587154defd13328930112784a4@%3Cdev.impala.apache.org%3E

The result of the vote:

https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/477c2e59c44db5c19177b166fc8c285d940533963106cdf4c7f2ad6a@%3Cdev.impala.apache.org%3E

The artifacts for testing (including signatures and checksums):

https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/impala/2.7.0/RC3/

The KEYS:

https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/impala/KEYS

The git tag:

https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=incubator-impala.git;a=tag;h=refs/tags/2.7.0-rc3

This vote will be open for at least 72 hours, or until the necessary
number of votes (3 +1) is reached.

[ ] +1 Approve the release
[ ] -1 Don't approve the release (please provide specific comments)

Thanks,
Jim

Re: [VOTE] Impala 2.7.0 release candidate 3

Posted by Carl Steinbach <cw...@gmail.com>.
+1 (binding) to the release

Posted by Jim Apple <jb...@cloudera.com>.

Posted by Carl Steinbach <cw...@apache.org>.
+1

Posted by Todd Lipcon <to...@cloudera.com>.
Hey Jim,

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,

> I believe it probably wasn't but I'll check. What is the issue if
> there are two owners?

I guess it can but policy is not have have copyright lines on ASF headers. [1]

Thanks,
Justin

1. https://www.apache.org/legal/src-headers.html#headers

Re: [VOTE] Impala 2.7.0 release candidate 3

Posted by Jim Apple <jb...@cloudera.com>.
Thanks again, Justin. One question:

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,

+1 binding (only just). There are several minor issue please fix for next release.

Please place build instruction and supported platforms in the README. The wiki may change over time and that may make it difficult to build older versions.

I checked:
- name contains incubating
- signatures and hashes correct
- DISCLAIMER exists
- LICENSE seem to be missing a few things
- NOTICE correct
- All ASF files have ASF headers
- One possible binary file that shouldn’t be in the source release? [15] (not sure what this is)
- Couldn’t compile from source. Please include build instructions in the package.

LICENSE is missing
- File [1] has different copyright owner than in LICENSE. Looks to come from a product called Valgrind.
- This file [5] copyright (C) 2011 Jesus Leganes “piranna"
- This BSD licensed file copyright Kitware
- This MIT licensed files [9]. The Cloudera copyright may need to be remove if it was part of the software grant?
- MIT license normalise bundled in [13][14]

Couldn't build from source on OSX with this error when running build all.
./buildall.sh  gives:
/apache-impala-incubating-2.7.0/bin/impala-config.sh: line 375: nproc: command not found

The build instruction on the wiki mention OSX is not support that would of been nice to know up front. [16]

This files [2][3][4][7] incorrectly (I think) have ASF copyright lines. [8] may also have an issue with 2 owners was this part of the original software grant or not?

May also want to fix this [10] the licence of 0.1.1 is unknown [11], but 0.1.3 is Apache licensed.[12]

The last line in LICENSE re JQuery I think can be removed.

Thanks,
Justin

1. ./be/src/gutil/valgrind.h
2. ./fe/src/test/resources/hbase-site.xml.template
3 ./testdata/cluster/node_templates/common/etc/hadoop/conf/hadoop-policy.xml
4. ./testdata/cluster/node_templates/common/etc/hadoop/conf/log4j.properties.tmpl
5. ./apache-impala-incubating-2.7.0/shell/ext-py/sqlparse-0.1.14/sqlparse/pipeline.py
6. ./cmake_modules/FindJNI.cmake
7. ./testdata/cluster/node_templates/common/etc/hadoop/conf/log4j.properties.tmpl
8. ./bin/file2array.sh
9 ./be/src/thirdparty/squeasel/squeasel.?
10. /shell/ext-py/sasl-0.1.1/*
11. https://pypi.python.org/pypi/sasl/0.1.1
12. https://pypi.python.org/pypi/sasl/0.1.3
13. ./tests/comparison/leopard/static/css/bootstrap.css
14. ./www/bootstrap/css/bootstrap.css
15. ./apache-impala-incubating-2.7.0/llvm-ir/test-loop.bc
16 https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/IMPALA/Building+Impala

Re: [VOTE] Impala 2.7.0 release candidate 3

Posted by Jim Apple <jb...@cloudera.com>.

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,

> The git tag:
> https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=incubator-impala.git;a=tag;h=refs/tags/2.7.0-rc3

Also please include the git hash in the VOTE email. Git tags change be changed.

Thanks,
Justin