Posted to j-dev@xerces.apache.org by Shane Curcuru <sh...@yahoo.com> on 2002/06/14 15:15:42 UTC

Re: How to recognize Xerces version

If you happen to have Xalan in the environment, then try:
http://xml.apache.org/xalan-j/apidocs/org/apache/xalan/xslt/EnvironmentCheck.html
or otherwise try:
http://xml.apache.org/commons/#java
See the Which utility.  Be sure to call Which or EnvironmentCheck from
within the application you want to find out about, since many of the
different behaviors are due to classloaders being subtly different
(i.e. standalone application versus normal servlet versus servlet
inside cocoon, etc.)

=====
- Shane

<eof .sig="'When I use a word,' Humpty Dumpty said,
in a very scornful tone, 'it means just what I
choose it to mean - neither more nor less'"
"Oohayu oyod?!"=gis. />