Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Geoff Higginbottom <ge...@shapeblue.com> on 2013/11/08 15:19:27 UTC

SRX inline with VR

All,

Is it possible to use a Juniper SRX Firewall for firewall features, and a VR for Load Balancing, or do you need to use an F5 to get 'in line' mode

If you can use a SRX, what IP gets load balanced, public or private etc

Regards

Geoff Higginbottom
CTO / Cloud Architect

D: +44 20 3603 0542<tel:+442036030542> | S: +44 20 3603 0540<tel:+442036030540> | M: +447968161581<tel:+447968161581>

geoff.higginbottom@shapeblue.com<ma...@shapeblue.com> | www.shapeblue.com | Twitter:@shapeblue<https://twitter.com/#!/shapeblue>

ShapeBlue are proud to be sponsoring CloudStack Collab EU 2013
[cid:image004.jpg@01CED4C8.C686BDF0]<http://www.cloudstackcollab.org/>
**NEW!** CloudStack 4.2 training<http://www.shapeblue.com/cloudstack-bootcamp-training-course/>
13/14 November, London<http://www.shapeblue.com/cloudstack-bootcamp-training-course/>
09-13 December, GLOBAL. Instructor led, On-line<http://www.shapeblue.com/cloudstack-bootcamp-training-course/>
27/28 November, Bangalore<http://www.shapeblue.com/cloudstack-bootcamp-training-course/>
08/09 January 2014, London<http://www.shapeblue.com/cloudstack-bootcamp-training-course/>

This email and any attachments to it may be confidential and are intended solely for the use of the individual to whom it is addressed. Any views or opinions expressed are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of Shape Blue Ltd or related companies. If you are not the intended recipient of this email, you must neither take any action based upon its contents, nor copy or show it to anyone. Please contact the sender if you believe you have received this email in error. Shape Blue Ltd is a company incorporated in England & Wales. ShapeBlue Services India LLP is a company incorporated in India and is operated under license from Shape Blue Ltd. Shape Blue Brasil Consultoria Ltda is a company incorporated in Brasil and is operated under license from Shape Blue Ltd. ShapeBlue is a registered trademark.

Re: SRX inline with VR

Posted by Sheng Yang <sh...@yasker.org>.
Hi Geoff,

Yes, VR cannot be used as LB only on its own, and it cannot be used for SRX
as LB service(because in this mode, we would want to only enable LB on the
VR).

--Sheng

RE: SRX inline with VR

Re: SRX inline with VR