Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Marko Käning <mk...@mch.osram.de> on 2008/07/28 09:47:50 UTC

SVN+SSH tunneling problem

[I decided to repost this from thread "SVN+SSH access not advisable"
since it is not fully related to that discussion.]
---

I created a svn-user named svnuser. In his homedir I created on the server
a repo only accessible to him (/home/svnuser/svntest).

His .ssh/autorized_keys looks like this:
---
from="myclient.net", \
command="svnserve -t --tunnel-user=USER", \
no-port-forwarding, \
no-agent-forwarding,no-X11-forwarding,no-pty \
ssh-rsa ...KEY... COMMENT
---

That the key ...KEY... is correctly assigned to the user svnuser I could
check when I did a checkout on my client via path

	svn+ssh://svnuser@myserver.net/home/svnuser/svntest/trunk

Working on this copy is possible.

Drawback though: the author still shows up as svnuser, although option
--tunnel-user was set to USER!

I suspect that the command specified is not called correctly, since even
if I *misspell* svnserve the svn access doesn't fail...

What goes wrong here?

Re: SVN+SSH tunneling problem

Posted by Alan Barrett <ap...@cequrux.com>.
On Mon, 28 Jul 2008, Marko Käning wrote:
> [I decided to repost this from thread "SVN+SSH access not advisable"
> since it is not fully related to that discussion.]

I replied on Friday (25 Jul 2008).  Why did tyou need to post the same
question again?

--apb (Alan Barrett)