Posted to users@maven.apache.org by "Knuplesch, Juergen" <Ju...@icongmbh.de> on 2011/12/01 13:43:01 UTC

Unpacking assembly result to target dir

Hello,

I just successfully created a installation-package using the assembly plugin.

Now I want to unpack this on a certain network path as next step in Maven.

How do I achieve this?

The dependency unpack needs an artifact, but the assembly result is not a Maven artifact.

This way did not work:

                             <execution>

                                   <id>unpack2</id>

                                   <phase>package</phase>

                                   <goals>

                                         <goal>unpack</goal>

                                   </goals>

                                   <configuration>

                                         <artifactItems>

                                               <artifactItem>

                                                   <location>${project.build.directory}/assembly/....-0.0.2-SNAPSHOT-lala.zip</location>

                                                     <type>zip</type>

                                                     <overWrite>false</overWrite>

                                                     <outputDirectory>somewhere/alternateLocation</outputDirectory>

                                                     <destFileName>optional-new-name.jar</destFileName>

                                               </artifactItem>

                                         </artifactItems>

                                         <outputDirectory>${project.build.directory}/wars</outputDirectory>

                                         <overWriteReleases>false</overWriteReleases>

                                         <overWriteSnapshots>true</overWriteSnapshots>

                                   </configuration>

                             </execution>

Is it possible/a good idea  to add the assembly as an artifact in our company MAVEN repository?

What MAVEN ways are there to do this?

Yours

Jürgen

--

Jürgen Knuplesch                    www.icongmbh.de <http://www.icongmbh.de/>

icon Systemhaus GmbH                Tel. +49 711 806098-275

Sophienstraße 40                    juergen.knuplesch@icongmbh.de

D-70178 Stuttgart                   Fax. +49 711 806098-299

Geschäftsführer: Uwe Seltmann

HRB Stuttgart 17655

USt-IdNr.: DE 811944121