Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Ashish Kumar Srivastava <as...@gmail.com> on 2009/08/04 15:26:51 UTC

Delete solr data from disk space

I am facing a problem in deleting solr data form disk space.
I had 80Gb of of solr data. I deleted 30% of these data by using query in
solr-php client and committed.
Now deleted data is not visible from the solr UI but used disk space is
still 80Gb for solr data.
Please reply if you have any solution to free the disk space after deleting
some solr data.

Thanks in advance.

Re: Delete solr data from disk space

Posted by Ashish Kumar Srivastava <as...@gmail.com>.
Sorry!! But this solution will not work because I deleted data by certain
query.
Then how can i know which files should be deleted. I cant delete whole data.

Re: Delete solr data from disk space

Posted by Ashish Kumar Srivastava <as...@gmail.com>.
Hi Toby,

Thanks but i have tried this solution earlier but the problem with this
solution is that
it is taking too much disk space for optimization(more than two times of
originally index data size)
Do you have any better solution or any other option by which we can use
optimize without using too much space.

Thanks
Ashish

Posted by Ashish Kumar Srivastava <as...@gmail.com>.
Hi Toby,

Thanks for the reply, But i have tried this solution earlier but the problem

Posted by Toby Cole <to...@semantico.com>.
Hi Anish,

Posted by Otis Gospodnetic <ot...@yahoo.com>.
You simply can't delete individual index files.

 Otis
--
Sematext is hiring -- http://sematext.com/about/jobs.html?mls
Lucene, Solr, Nutch, Katta, Hadoop, HBase, UIMA, NLP, NER, IR

Posted by Ashish Kumar Srivastava <as...@gmail.com>.
Hi ,

Posted by "Markus Jelsma - Buyways B.V." <ma...@buyways.nl>.
Hello,