Posted to general@incubator.apache.org by Aidan Skinner <ai...@apache.org> on 2008/08/27 18:49:49 UTC

[VOTE] Release Apache Qpid M3

It is with a building sense of anticipation that I am able to inform
you that Qpid has voted to release Apache Qpid M3.

I started the vote on 2008-08-22: http://markmail.org/message/2a6pmx3sdgvh5bu5
And closed it on 2008-08-27 http://markmail.org/message/xb3qppr5krtdp43w

There were:
8 +1s (1 of which was binding)
0 0's
0 -1's

Artifacts can be found at http://people.apache.org/~aidan/qpid/M3-RC2/
Release notes are located here:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?version=12312117&styleName=Html&projectId=12310520&Create=Create

Please vote to:
[+1] Release M3
[0] eh
[-1] No, it has a significant carbon footprint, wears white shoes
after labor day and also...

- Aidan
http://cwiki.apache.org/qpid
"Nine-tenths of wisdom consists in being wise in time." - Theodore Roosevelt

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Qpid M3

Posted by Aidan Skinner <ai...@apache.org>.
On Wed, Aug 27, 2008 at 5:49 PM, Aidan Skinner <ai...@apache.org> wrote:

> It is with a building sense of anticipation that I am able to inform
> you that Qpid has voted to release Apache Qpid M3.
>
> I started the vote on 2008-08-22: http://markmail.org/message/2a6pmx3sdgvh5bu5
> And closed it on 2008-08-27 http://markmail.org/message/xb3qppr5krtdp43w
>
> There were:
> 8 +1s (1 of which was binding)
> 0 0's
> 0 -1's
>
> Artifacts can be found at http://people.apache.org/~aidan/qpid/M3-RC2/

I'm going to spike this and start a new vote here directly, since
it'll only be minor changes from RC2.

Posted by Aidan Skinner <ai...@apache.org>.
On Wed, Aug 27, 2008 at 5:49 PM, Aidan Skinner <ai...@apache.org> wrote:

> It is with a building sense of anticipation that I am able to inform
> you that Qpid has voted to release Apache Qpid M3.
>
> I started the vote on 2008-08-22: http://markmail.org/message/2a6pmx3sdgvh5bu5
> And closed it on 2008-08-27 http://markmail.org/message/xb3qppr5krtdp43w
>
> There were:
> 8 +1s (1 of which was binding)

Which were:

Alan Conway
Arnaud Simon
Martin Ritchie
Gordon Sim
Carl Trieloff
Yoav Shapira (binding)
Rajith Attapattu
Lahiru Gunathilake

Posted by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>.
On Wednesday 27 August 2008 5:22:22 pm Carl Trieloff wrote:
> they are located in the sub-dir for each language, and are specific for
> each lang. someone who installs C++
> does not care about Python or Java readme etc or visa versa.

That is all irrelevant for the qpid-incubating-M3.tar.gz package.   That
package contains the source for everything.  Thus, it's top level needs a
LICENSE and NOTICE file (and DISCLAIMER) that is an aggregate of everything
in that package.

Also, some of the NOTICE files are not using the proper format.   For example,
the python and ruby ones do not have:

Apache [PRODUCT_NAME]
Copyright [yyyy] The Apache Software Foundation

The other thing I just noticed may require a note be sent off to the
legal-discuss folks.   The amqp spec XML files have a rather
strange "license" at the top of them.   One of the lines reads:

"The following disclaimers, which you hereby also acknowledge as to any use
you may make of the Advanced Messaging Queue Protocol Specification:"

which may mean that those disclaimers need to in the NOTICE file, or at least
the whole license section copied to the bottom of the LICENSE file.  Not
really sure though.    The legal folks would probably need to look at that.

Finally, a BUNCH of files don't have the proper Apache header.   None of
the .py files in the python/examples directory, for example.   Someone should
run RAT and make sure it's all cleaned up.   (a pointer to a RAT report with
the vote would be good)

Dan

--
Daniel Kulp