Posted to user@poi.apache.org by Manivel <ma...@gmail.com> on 2011/04/28 15:20:25 UTC

Problem in reading date format of a excel cell with DataFormatter class

Hi,

I wrote a program to read the data from the Excel sheet. I am using
formatCellValue method in DataFormatter class to read the data. I want the data
exactly how it is present in Excel sheet. If the date format in mm/dd/yyyy(Right
click on the cell -> Click on Date -> Click on the type *3/14/2001), then the
date is displayed in mm/dd/yy format.

Eg. If the date is 12/15/2011, after reading through poi i am getting the date
in mm/dd/yy format.

Anyway if i am customizing the date format as mm/dd/yyyy format, then i am
getting in same format.

Please provide me some suggestions.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,