Posted to user@geronimo.apache.org by Aaron Mulder <am...@alumni.princeton.edu> on 2005/12/05 03:10:30 UTC

Re: Using Geronimo shared library in Websphere way

There are generally two choices:

1) parentId and/or import, which add another application module or
configuration as a parent of the current one.  Between the two of
those, you can add any number of "parents".

2) dependency, which adds third-party libraries (outside any
application module or configuration) to the class path of the current
module.

There is no way other than parent/import for one application to access
the WEB-INF/classes of another (though you could presumably put all
the contents of that in a JAR and access it via a dependency).  If I
understand your situation correctly, I think for you the one child
could just use many import elements to bring in all the parents it
needs.

Thanks,
    Aaron

Posted by Aaron Mulder <am...@alumni.princeton.edu>.
You can't have multiple parentIds, but you can have multiple imports
(or a parent and an import, or a parent and multiple imports, etc.)
which has exactly the same effect:

<web-app xmlns="..." configId="foo">
  <import>some/other/configId</import>
  <import>yet/another/configId</import>