Posted to dev@cassandra.apache.org by Mick Semb Wever <mc...@apache.org> on 2019/04/03 02:19:42 UTC

any apache netbeans users out there?

Cassandra currently has project support for IntelliJ and Eclipse, but not NetBeans.

If there is anyone who uses netbeans (even occasionally) and could help test the project support proposed in

it would be really appreciated   :-)
This is very much in the low-hanging-fruit basket.

regards,
Mick

Re: any apache netbeans users out there?

Posted by Mick Semb Wever <mc...@apache.org>.
> I am netbeans user and will be checking NetBeans support. Actually NetBeans
> supports maven natively and any proper maven project should be able to be
> built on netbeans without any modifications.

Thanks SZ !

Note Cassandra is (primarily) ant based.  The project file in that ticket is mostly just about listing the sources to the project and each their classpath. Following the instructions in the ticket you should have the Cassandra project open in NetBeans, with none of the Cassandra java files showing any errors.

It's easy enough to add build functionality to the project support, but I've intentionally stayed away from that here, even if netbeans always uses the project's existing build scripts in place whether they be maven or ant or gradle.

Posted by SZ Quadri <sz...@quadri.in>.