Posted to fop-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org by La...@i2.com on 2002/01/07 22:39:17 UTC

How to process "wide" tables

I've figured out how to repeat certain table data on top of each page for
"tall" tables (more rows than can fit on a page) but now I'm struggling
with "wide" tables (more columns than can fit on a page).
For example, let's say the page can fit 4 columns across and 5 rows down.
My xml data has 12 columns and 20 rows.  This should result in 15 pages -
3 pages across for every 5 rows down.
Can anyone help me get jumpstarted?  Ultimately I won't know ahead of time
how many columns the data contains and would need to drive the process
based on the count of columns and how many can fit across a page.
TIA,
Larry Mason

AW: How to process "wide" tables