Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Bohtvaroh <bo...@gmail.com> on 2009/05/23 17:37:56 UTC

Maven dependency behaviour

Hi all.

I have a "root" pom module with dependency and dependency management
sections. This module has "A" pom module as its child in module section.
Next, this "A" module has "B" jar module as its child. The "B" module
inherits all dependency related setup from the "root" module (thanks to
transitive dependencies) and I'm pretty happy with this. But later I decided
to move some dependencies to the "B" module pom.xml file and I created
<dependencies>...</dependencies> block there and moved specific dependencies
from the root module (I dependency management left in the "root"). And here
is my problem. It seems that this overrides all dependencies from the "root"
module.

Is this a right behavior? I need to "sum" all dependencies from "root" and
"B" in "B" module. Is there a way to do this?

Regards,
Alexander.