Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Nacho <na...@siapi.es> on 2000/07/25 18:20:11 UTC

Trobubles with struts sources

Hola a todos:

Hi Craig, it's my fail or there are many files in struts sources with
extrange eols?, when i get the code from CVS i get files with a '\x00'
appended to every end of line.

I have all the files already patched ( some perl doit ) but is better to
have this corrected in CVS.

Saludos ,
Ignacio J. Ortega

Re: Trobubles with struts sources

Posted by "Craig R. McClanahan" <Cr...@eng.sun.com>.
Nacho wrote:

> Hola a todos:
>
> Hi Craig, it's my fail or there are many files in struts sources with
> extrange eols?, when i get the code from CVS i get files with a '\x00'
> appended to every end of line.
>
> I have all the files already patched ( some perl doit ) but is better to
> have this corrected in CVS.

Many (most?) of the Struts files were originally created on a Windows system
(my laptop while on "vacation" :-), so they have DOS line endings ("\r\n")
on them.  I haven't had any difficulties with any of the editors I use
regularly (emacs/vi/pico on Linux, TextPad/edit on Windows).  Has anyone
else had difficulties with this?

It might also be something wierd with the CVS checkout utility you're
using.  Have you tried a completely fresh checkout?  (Also, just to make
sure CVS is doing the right thing, could you try downloading a nightly
source distribution and look at the files that are included there?  This
will tell us whether it's CVS or not.)

> Saludos ,
> Ignacio J. Ortega

Craig