Posted to users@tomee.apache.org by COURTAULT Francois <fr...@thalesgroup.com> on 2020/01/16 14:18:12 UTC

CXF CVE-2019-17573 and CVE-2019-12423

Hello TomEE guys,

If it's not too late before releasing next TomEE version, could you take into account the CXF team advice to migrate from 3.3.x to 3.3.5 ?
Current TomEE 8.0.0 release uses CXF 3.3.2.

Best Regards.

Re: CXF CVE-2019-17573 and CVE-2019-12423

Posted by "Zowalla, Richard" <ri...@hs-heilbronn.de>.
Hi Jon,
I feel your pain. I am +1 for faster releases as well.
Best,Richard

RE: CXF CVE-2019-17573 and CVE-2019-12423

Posted by COURTAULT Francois <fr...@thalesgroup.com>.
Yes.

I've applied the change to the master branch. Hopefully the CI won't flag up any issues. I will double check, but I don't think we expose a /services page, or a JWK keys service, so unless you're specifically doing something with CXF in TomEE to use these features, they shouldn't present an issue out of the box. If someone knows different, please let us know.

If the current votes pass, we'll release as is, and kick off another release to pick up the update. If they fail, we'll re-roll, and this will be included. Does that sound reasonable?

Jon

Posted by Jonathan Gallimore <jo...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jonathan Gallimore <jo...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jonathan Gallimore <jo...@gmail.com>.