Posted to dev@buildr.apache.org by Peter Donald <pe...@realityforge.org> on 2013/10/10 21:52:40 UTC

[VOTE] Buildr 1.4.14 release

We're voting on the source distributions available here:
http://people.apache.org/~donaldp/buildr/1.4.14/dist/

Specifically:
http://people.apache.org/~donaldp/buildr/1.4.14/dist/buildr-1.4.14.tgz
http://people.apache.org/~donaldp/buildr/1.4.14/dist/buildr-1.4.14.zip

The documentation generated for this release is available here:
http://people.apache.org/~donaldp/buildr/1.4.14/site/
http://people.apache.org/~donaldp/buildr/1.4.14/site/buildr.pdf

The following changes were made since 1.4.13:

  * Change: Remove highline dependency.
  * Fixed:  BUILDR-682 - Fix the documentation for releasing using
            your own versioning scheme. Submitted by Jean-Philippe
            Caruana.
  * Fixed:  BUILDR-681 - Stop empty projects creating target/webapp.
  * Change: Add dependency from generated jws client source directory
            to the source wsdl in the wsgen addon.
  * Fixed:  Fixed regression in gwt addon due to "pathing_jar"
            functionality in Java::Commands.java.
  * Change: Support disabling the new "pathing_jar" functionality in
            Java::Commands.java utility method. Required for tools
            that introspect the classpath.
  * Change: Update wsgen addon to generate source into a directory
            hierarchy based on maven conventions.
  * Fixed:  Fixed regression using transitive dependencies due to
            presence of :scope option in Artifacts.to_hash.
  * Fixed:  Fixed bug in GWT addon that required that the user supply
            the :dependencies option.
  * Fixed:  Fixed bug in Intellij project file generation when adding
            a web facet.

Re: [VOTE] Buildr 1.4.14 release

Posted by Peter Donald <pe...@realityforge.org>.
Hi,

On Fri, Oct 11, 2013 at 11:25 PM, Jean-Philippe Caruana
<jp...@target2sell.com> wrote:
> I had a few issues when installing it. I'm not very used to live on the
> edge on ruby projects, so I followed the doc
> http://buildr.apache.org/contributing.html#edge but this is not working:

I went and looked at the docs all over and it seems like a lot of the
installation documentation is out of date. I think that after this
release is out I may try and clean it up to simplify the way people
use buildr.

--
Cheers,

Peter Donald

Re: [VOTE] Buildr 1.4.14 release

Posted by Jean-Philippe Caruana <jp...@target2sell.com>.
Hi,

Le 10/10/2013 21:52, Peter Donald a écrit :
> We're voting on the source distributions available here:
> http://people.apache.org/~donaldp/buildr/1.4.14/dist/

+1 for me : it worked as expected on my linux ! Thanks for the fix.

(newbie section:)
I had a few issues when installing it. I'm not very used to live on the
edge on ruby projects, so I followed the doc
http://buildr.apache.org/contributing.html#edge but this is not working:

<quote>
Using development build

Occasionally we’ll make development builds from the current code in
trunk/head. We appreciate if you can take the time to test those out and
report any bugs. To install development builds, use the Gem repository
at people.apache.org/~assaf/buildr/snapshot:

gem source --add http://people.apache.org/~assaf/buildr/snapshot/

Since Ruby Gems uses version numbers to detect new releases, if you
installed Buildr from a snapshot and want to upgrade to a newer snapshot
or the latest official release, you need to use gem install buildr
rather than gem upgrade.

If you want to go back to using the RubyForge releases:

gem source --remove http://people.apache.org/~assaf/buildr/snapshot/
gem install buildr
<end of quote>

So maybe we should improve the documentation ?

This worked for me :
$ curl -O
http://people.apache.org/~donaldp/buildr/1.4.14/dist/buildr-1.4.14.gem
$ sudo JAVA_HOME=xxx gem install /tmp/buildr-1.4.14.gem
$ buildr --version
Buildr 1.4.14

> Specifically:
> http://people.apache.org/~donaldp/buildr/1.4.14/dist/buildr-1.4.14.tgz
> http://people.apache.org/~donaldp/buildr/1.4.14/dist/buildr-1.4.14.zip

BTW, buildr-1.4.14/bin/buildr is not executable in the tgz archive
$ ls -l buildr-1.4.14/bin/
-rw-rw-r-- 1 jp jp 885 févr. 20  2013 buildr

--
Jean-Philippe Caruana

Re: [VOTE] Buildr 1.4.14 release

Posted by Antoine Toulme <an...@lunar-ocean.com>.
+1 for the release

Re: [VOTE] Buildr 1.4.14 release

Posted by Alex Boisvert <al...@gmail.com>.
+1 for the release

Re: [VOTE] Buildr 1.4.14 release

Posted by Tammo van Lessen <tv...@gmail.com>.
A non-binding +1, the windows prompt/highline issues are resolved and our
rather complex ODE build runs fine with it as well.

--
Tammo van Lessen - http://www.taval.de