Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by David Ezzio <de...@ysoft.com> on 2004/08/15 18:15:13 UTC

Virtual Library example ported to use Java Data Objects

Hi everyone,

I have ported the Virtual Library example in Tapestry to use Java Data
Objects (JDO).  The ported example, called VLib, is being distributed by
JPOX, a leading open source JDO project hosted on SourceForge.  You can
find full information and code at
http://www.jpox.org/docs/1_0/tutorials/tapestry.html .

The VLib example does away with EJBs entirely, but changes very little
of the Virtual Library's user interface.

In my opinion as a published author on JDO, and a recent adopter of
Tapestry, the VLib example is a good example of how to use JDO with
Tapestry.  I also think that it is easier to get JDO running on the
typical developer's desktop than to get an EJB container running, and
for that reason, the VLib example should make the Virtual Library
example a lot more accessible to the typical developer.

I am agreeable to the idea that the VLib example should be distributed
with Tapestry, if there is interest in doing so.

Your comments on the code and tutorial that accompany it are welcomed.

David Ezzio

(To learn more about me visit, http://www.ysoft.com .)