Posted to user@ignite.apache.org by Andrey Kornev <an...@hotmail.com> on 2017/11/05 00:55:01 UTC

Data region's pages fill factor

Hello,

I'm a bit confused about the meaning of PagesFillFactor MBean attribute. According to the documentation (as well as a tooltip in the JMX MBean Browser -- here's a snapshot https://snag.gy/57FVw8.jpg), the attribute indicates "the percentage of space that is still free and can be filled in". I'm consistently getting  0.99... Does it mean that my pages are 99% empty?

Re: Data region's pages fill factor

Posted by Ilya Lantukh <il...@gridgain.com>.
Hi Andrey,

Looks like the tooltip is wrong and should be fixed.
Your interpretation of FreeListImpl.fillFactor() is correct - the former
value is used space, the latter one is total allocated. So, your pages are
99% full.

--
Best regards,
Ilya