Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by nera nesic <ne...@greenqloud.com> on 2014/06/12 17:48:44 UTC

Creating BareMetal templates from vmid via API

Hello,

I am trying to create a BareMetal template based on vm id using the
CloudStack API. The API documentations suggests that this should be
possible by providing the virtual machine ID and a URL for template
storage. However, this doesn't work; I followed the API documentation,
provided the ostypeid, name, displaytext, virtualmachineid, and url, but I
got this error message:

“Failed to create private template record, neither volume ID nor snapshot
ID were specified. ”

So I took a look at the code, and while I did find the code which should
support BareMetal template creation from vmid in the BareMetalPxeManager,
it is not called from anywhere. The TemplateManager handles
CreateTemplateCommands which specify either a volume or a snapshot, but
doesn't deal with the BareMetal template creation in any way.

Is this omission made intentionally? Is the API capable of handling
creation of these templates in some other way, or should support for
BareMetal templates be added to the TemplateManager?

*Nera Nešić*
Backend Developer

Mobile: (+354) 782 1337
nera@greenqloud.com <al...@greenqloud.com>