Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by Lei Pang <ca...@gmail.com> on 2011/08/19 07:05:53 UTC

How to make Lucene effective for video retrieval?

Hi everyone, I want to use Lucene to retrieve videos through their meta
data: title, description, tags and comments. Which query type should I use?
How can I make Lucene effective? Any help would be great appreciated.

Best Wishes

Yours Sincerely,
Pang Lei

Re: How to make Lucene effective for video retrieval?

Posted by Li Li <fa...@gmail.com>.
     lucene now can't support customer ranking function. but you can
do some modification such as boost some fields.
     the meta data of video is not large comparing to other
application. so you need not
care about performance now. So I suggest you considering something
else such as ranking and faceting and clustering(teleplay series are
the same name, if not well processed, a full screen is the same
result) and collapse ...

Posted by Lei Pang <ca...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Li Li <fa...@gmail.com>.