Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by "Mark A. DeMichele" <de...@intellipro.com> on 2004/02/09 14:04:45 UTC

Question about hit rate

I'm new to this list and just go started using SpamAssassin a few weeks
ago.  I'm currently not set up to use the Bayesian portion. I'm on a
windows system and wanted to start off slow.  Plus, I don't quite
understand the logic, though I'm there is some.  It seems that most
critical part of the Bayesian portion if for users to communicate (some
how) to the engine false negatives and positives.  Is this correct?  It
seems without that salearn would mark urls of spams that get through as
possibly good urls.

Which leads me to my major question. I've downloaded most of the rule
files from the Rules Emporium, but even with those rules, 1 out of every
2 or 3 spams still gets through.  Is this normal?

Thanks,
Mark DeMichele