Posted to ivy-user@ant.apache.org by "Brown, Carlton" <Ca...@compucredit.com> on 2008/03/28 16:42:18 UTC

Using numeric special-meanings in latest strategies

In an environment I'm working on, there is a convention to use the
special revision number 0.0 to designate a trunk build.   What would be
a valid technique to specify that 0.0.* is a later revision than 1.0,
2.0, etc?   I considered designating 0.0 as a specialMeaning attribute
of a latest-revision, but I thought it may match any revision containing
0.0, such as 2.0.0.  How would that work, does it support regex?

I'm aware it would be much easier not to use 0.0 as the latest revision,
but it's an established convention in this environment and there are a
number of processes that depend on it.

Re: Using numeric special-meanings in latest strategies

Posted by Xavier Hanin <xa...@gmail.com>.
On Fri, Mar 28, 2008 at 4:42 PM, Brown, Carlton <
Carlton.Brown@compucredit.com> wrote:

> In an environment I'm working on, there is a convention to use the
> special revision number 0.0 to designate a trunk build.   What would be
> a valid technique to specify that 0.0.* is a later revision than 1.0,
> 2.0, etc?   I considered designating 0.0 as a specialMeaning attribute
> of a latest-revision, but I thought it may match any revision containing
> 0.0, such as 2.0.0.  How would that work, does it support regex?
>
> I'm aware it would be much easier not to use 0.0 as the latest revision,
> but it's an established convention in this environment and there are a
> number of processes that depend on it.

Using special meaning won't work, because they are used only after the
version is split (by this expression: [\._\-\+] ). Hence the easiest way is
to implement your own latest strategy, which extends LatestRevision and only
overrides the default behaviour when you find a 0.0 revision.

Xavier

http://xhab.blogspot.com/
http://ant.apache.org/ivy/
http://www.xoocode.org/