Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Matt Sergeant <ma...@sergeant.org> on 2001/05/21 22:44:30 UTC

Re: Connection to MySQL DB fails when mod_perl enabled...

On Tue, 22 May 2001, Jonathan M. Hollin wrote:

> This is driving me crazy...  is there anything special I need to do when
> using DBI (DBD::MySQL) with mod_perl.  A script that works just fine sans
> mod_perl dies with error 500 (Internal Server Error) when mod_perl is
> enabled for that file type:

[snip]

One thing nobody seems to have suggested is enabling trace mode. Add in:

DBI->trace(2);

after "use DBI;". You'll get *lots* of stuff in your error log, but it
might help track down the issue.

(also this may sound dumb, but are you certain mysql is running when you
try the tests - try connecting to the mysql TCP/IP port using "telnet
localhost <port>" (I don't know what the specific port is for MySQL,
you'll have to read the docs).

--
<Matt/>

     \\//