Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Hans Bakker <ma...@antwebsystems.com> on 2013/06/17 10:51:57 UTC

Re: operating a single OFBiz with multiple companies.

This looks very promising Adrian,

could you elaborate or perhaps contribute to make this possible?

Regards,
Hans

Posted by Hans Bakker <ma...@antwebsystems.com>.
sure we can follow the suggestion of Adrian to setup a organizational
context, and even, that separate companies could have different base
currencies if we see the definition in the PartyAccountingPreference
entity. Pretty sure that OFBiz does not allow that everywhere in the
application. The rollup subledger in accounting does not do that yet and
probably other places too when there are inter company transactions.

We need to setup that the defaultOrganizationParty is used as a
condition everywhere on every list, like invoices, payments, orders
shipments etc and the accounting sub ledger rollup will make currency
conversions to the currency of the top company where required.

any other suggestions welcome....

Regards,
Hans

Posted by Adrian Crum <ad...@sandglass-software.com>.
NDAs prohibit me from sharing any more details. Sorry.

-Adrian