Posted to marketing@couchdb.apache.org by Lena Reinhard <le...@thehoodiefirm.com> on 2014/07/10 11:25:28 UTC

[NEWS] CouchDB Weekly News July 10 are ready for feedback

Hey everyone,

this week's Weekly News (finally back on schedule) are ready for feedback.
Draft: https://couchdbblog.wordpress.com/wp-admin/post.php?post=199&action=edit&message=10
Preview: https://couchdbblog.wordpress.com/?p=199&preview=true
Github: http://ffffux.github.io/weekly-news.html

Note: I read the email that there was supposed to be a Meeting yesterday, but neither received an email from IRC bot nor found a log on wilderness. Can one of you tell me if the meeting took place and, if so, where I can find the log?

Thanks in advance & best

Lena

including code / syntax highlighting in blog posts

Posted by Dave Cottlehuber <dc...@jsonified.com>.
> All I know about adding code to WP posts is this: http://codex.wordpress.org/Writing_Code_in_Your_Posts
> L.

TL;DR write the post in “text” mode using markdown style formatting:

``` erlang
fun() -> ok.
```

or:

[code language="javascript"]
http.createServer(function (req, resp) {});
[/code]

More info:
https://gist.github.com/dch/6e2214526371827aaf24 or http://en.support.wordpress.com/code/posting-source-code/

—
Dave Cottlehuber
Sent from my Couch

Re: [NEWS] CouchDB Weekly News July 10 are ready for feedback

Posted by Lena Reinhard <le...@thehoodiefirm.com>.
Dave,

*that* is amazing! :D thank you so much!
Also fine anytime if you edit drafts, worst case, I can see the post revisions on the bottom of the page anyway ;)
I'll then publish the News tomorrow morning.

Posted by Akshat Jiwan Sharma <ak...@gmail.com>.
>Does wordpress keep `_revs` for me?? :-)

ha ha lol

Akshat Jiwan Sharma,
Independent Software Contractor,
(+91) 9654119771 | http://www.staticshin.com <http://staticshin.com>

Posted by Dave Cottlehuber <dc...@jsonified.com>.

Posted by Lena Reinhard <le...@thehoodiefirm.com>.
Hi Akshat,
thanks for your feedback! Updated the post :)

Posted by Akshat Jiwan Sharma <ak...@gmail.com>.
Hey Lena,