Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Alexander Skwar <li...@email-server.info> on 2003/04/10 13:41:54 UTC

[users@httpd] RewriteCond: cannot compile regular expression

Hello!

I'm having a problem with Apache-1.3.26-1.1 (Debian Package) on Debian
Woody.

In my /etc/apache/httpd.conf, I've got thsi:

<IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
       RewriteEngine   On
       RewriteCond     ${lowercase:%{HTTP_HOST}} ^(www\.|)([^.]+)\.info.dyndns.tv$
</IfModule>

To be honest, I did not come up with this myself.  It's from
http://faq.solutionscripts.com/docs/homefree/tips/subdomains.html

When I now try to start apache, I get this error:

RewriteCond: cannot compile regular expression
'^(www\.|)([^.]+)\.info.dyndns.tv$'

I also tryed escaping the all the dots (ie. info\.dyndns\.tv).  Didn't
change anything.

What strikes me, is that I'm able to use this on a SuSE 7.2 server with
Apache 1.3.19.

Any ideas about what I might have done wrong?  Or how I could further
debug this problem?

Thanks a lot,

Alexander Skwar
--
How to quote:	http://learn.to/quote (german) http://quote.6x.to (english)
                       Uptime: 20 days 6 hours 20 minutes

Re: [users@httpd] RewriteCond: cannot compile regular expression

Posted by Alexander Skwar <li...@email-server.info>.
So sprach Andrea Rossignoli am 2003-04-10 um 14:13:14 +0200 :
> So you can use:
>
> RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} ^((www\.)?([^\.]+\.))?info\.dyndns\.tv$ [NC]

Indeed, this works!  Thanks a lot!

Any idea about why this has changed since 1.3.19?

Alexander Skwar
--
How to quote:	http://learn.to/quote (german) http://quote.6x.to (english)
                       Uptime: 20 days 7 hours 30 minutes

Re: [users@httpd] RewriteCond: cannot compile regular expression

Posted by Andrea Rossignoli <so...@polin.it>.
Hi,
the problem is on the *|* of *(www\.|)*
It must be removed from there.

Another thing to take in consideration is that you don't have to use the
"lowercase function" (using a rewritemap function that is the tolower) to
make a case insensitive compare of HTTP_HOST.
The NC was created for that purpose.

So you can use:

RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} ^((www\.)?([^\.]+\.))?info\.dyndns\.tv$ [NC]

so domains as:
www.info.dyndns.tv
info.dyndns.tv
subdomain.info.dyndns.tv
www.subdomain.info.dyndns.tv

will be matched.
The compare is case insensitive due to NC flag.

Hope It Helps,
:-) Andrea