Posted to user@ignite.apache.org by siva <si...@bizruntime.com> on 2018/06/07 13:32:36 UTC

Cache getting cleareing automatically

Hi,
We have two ignite server nodes in single physicle machine,and one client
node.Dont know what happend cache getting clear automatically.Initially We
have created a cache name called "*c091e548-b45a-49b4-b8ec-2cb5e27c7af6*"
with "*partitioned*" mode.Later we destroy the same cache and configured as
"*Replicated*" mode and storing entities under the same cache.But after some
days cache got cleared and cache changed to partitioned mode automatically
and again & again same problem facing every 10 min.What might be the issue?
I have gone through the logs  and

 found that nodes were  disconnected and again connected .I am wondering why
cache again changed to partitioned mode from Replicated mode?

Re: Cache getting cleareing automatically

Posted by Andrey Mashenkov <an...@gmail.com>.
Ignite should support persistence format of older versions.
Also, please, take a look at Baseline topology feature that is available
from 2.4 version.

[1] https://apacheignite.readme.io/docs/baseline-topology

On Thu, Jun 7, 2018 at 5:35 PM, siva <si...@bizruntime.com> wrote:

> If we switch to 2.5 version ,what about data ? I think there is no
> continuous
> upgrade in ignite

Best regards,
Andrey V. Mashenkov

Re: Cache getting cleareing automatically

Posted by siva <si...@bizruntime.com>.

Posted by Andrey Mashenkov <an...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Try to switch to the latest Ignite 2.5 version as it includes many bugfixes
related to cluster stability.

On Thu, Jun 7, 2018 at 4:57 PM, siva <si...@bizruntime.com> wrote:

> 1.we are using ignite 2.3 version ,
> 2.We are using an Api.Client node is a spring boot rest application ,we
> have
> written an api to perform curd operations and as well as clearing and
> destroying cache.Bellow is the configuration
>
> cache mode initially *Partitioned * .Later changed to Replicated mode
>
> CacheConfiguration<String, Entity> cacheCfg = new
> CacheConfiguration<>(cacheName);
>                 cacheCfg.setCacheMode(CacheMode.REPLICATED); // Default.
>                 cacheCfg.setBackups(1);
>                 cacheCfg.setIndexedTypes(String.class, Entity.class);
>                 cacheCfg.setAtomicityMode(atomic);
>                 // client node will wait for write or commit on all
> particpating nodes
>
> cacheCfg.setWriteSynchronizationMode(CacheWriteSynchronizationMode.
> FULL_SYNC);

Best regards,
Andrey V. Mashenkov

Re: Cache getting cleareing automatically

Posted by Andrey Mashenkov <an...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

What Ignite version do you use? Looks like it was fixed in 2.5 [1].
How are you create and destroy a cache? via API or SQL?