Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by Hari Sreekumar <hs...@clickable.com> on 2011/08/17 09:00:23 UTC

Accessing a sparate HBase cluster

Hi,

I want to separate my application machines from the HBase cluster. So far,
we have always run the application from one of the machines which is also
part of the cluster. How can I separate them? I tried specifying the DB
machines $HADOOP_HOME/conf and $HBASE_HOME/conf folders in the classpath.
But then, I get this exception:

org.apache.hadoop.hbase.ZooKeeperConnectionException: java.io.IOException:
Unable to determine ZooKeeper ensemble
    at
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.HConnectionManager$HConnectionImplementation.getZooKeeperWatcher(HConnectionManager.java:988)
    at
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.HConnectionManager$HConnectionImplementation.setupZookeeperTrackers(HConnectionManager.java:301)
    at
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.HConnectionManager$HConnectionImplementation.<init>(HConnectionManager.java:292)
    at
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.HConnectionManager.getConnection(HConnectionManager.java:155)
    at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.HTable.<init>(HTable.java:167)
    at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.HTable.<init>(HTable.java:145)

How do I get around this?

Thanks,
Hari

Re: Accessing a sparate HBase cluster

Posted by Hari Sreekumar <hs...@clickable.com>.
ha.. silly mistake, the hbase-site.xml file was using aliases, and I had the
alias pointing to a different machine in /etc/hosts on this machine! my
bad..

Thanks Doug..

Posted by Doug Meil <do...@explorysmedical.com>.