Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Joost de Heer <sa...@xs4all.nl> on 2005/06/24 23:18:50 UTC

[users@httpd] Re: Dynamic refreshing of Proxy Rules

> It would be nice to have Apache reload proxy rules at regular
> (configurable) intervals w/o the need to bounce the webserver.

apachectl graceful in the crontab?

> Another thing, I desire in mod_proxy is the ability to specify a Failover
> backend (remote) host, in case one host does not respond or is too busy.
> Ideally it would  be great to have some kind of load-balancing proxy (with
> failover) solution so that we do not have to rely on external
> load-balancers.

reverse-proxy to a DNS-name, and let DNS do the load balancing.

Joost

Re: [users@httpd] Re: Dynamic refreshing of Proxy Rules

Posted by Aman Raheja <ar...@techquotes.com>.
to have apache re-read the config, the other way is
/bin/kill -HUP `cat <path-to-pid-file>
and there's isn't a way for it to only reload the proxy changes or just
a part of the config and it is questionable why would apache have a way
to only reload a part of the config. No reason to support that.
HTH
Aman Raheja
http://www.techquotes.com

Posted by Jignesh Badani <jb...@mmsa.com>.