Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by Pierre-Luc Dion <pd...@cloudops.com> on 2013/12/02 16:50:13 UTC

Global Settings: host and System VM's

Hi,

We have setup a private cloud with multiple Cloudstack nodes. It is fairly
easy to load-balance webui and API queries, but, I've recently discovered
that SystemVM's have a static route to a cloudstack node ( the first one we
put in place). Also their is a Global Setttings "host" which contain the IP
of our initial cloudstack node.

Do we have to change this "host" config to a load-balanced IP for the
system API call on TCP:8250 ? Also, is their existing documentation on how
to use the secure port instead which would be tcp:3922 ?

Thanks,

Pierre-Luc Dion
514-447-3456, 1101
- - -

*CloudOps*420 rue Guy
Montréal QC  H3J 1S6
www.cloudops.com
@CloudOps_

RE: Global Settings: host and System VM's

Posted by Geoff Higginbottom <ge...@shapeblue.com>.
Pierre-Luc,

You are correct in your assumption that the 'host' global setting needs to be changed to the LB VIP for 8250 traffic, then you need to restart the management service, then stop and start each System VM so they load the new settings - do not simply re-start the System VMs, they will not load the new Global Setting

Regards

Geoff Higginbottom

geoff.higginbottom@shapeblue.com

We have setup a private cloud with multiple Cloudstack nodes. It is fairly easy to load-balance webui and API queries, but, I've recently discovered that SystemVM's have a static route to a cloudstack node ( the first one we put in place). Also their is a Global Setttings "host" which contain the IP of our initial cloudstack node.

Do we have to change this "host" config to a load-balanced IP for the system API call on TCP:8250 ? Also, is their existing documentation on how to use the secure port instead which would be tcp:3922 ?

Thanks,

Pierre-Luc Dion
Architecte de Solution Cloud | Cloud Solutions Architect 514-447-3456, 1101
- - -

*CloudOps*420 rue Guy
Montréal QC  H3J 1S6
www.cloudops.com
@CloudOps_
This email and any attachments to it may be confidential and are intended solely for the use of the individual to whom it is addressed. Any views or opinions expressed are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of Shape Blue Ltd or related companies. If you are not the intended recipient of this email, you must neither take any action based upon its contents, nor copy or show it to anyone. Please contact the sender if you believe you have received this email in error. Shape Blue Ltd is a company incorporated in England & Wales. ShapeBlue Services India LLP is a company incorporated in India and is operated under license from Shape Blue Ltd. Shape Blue Brasil Consultoria Ltda is a company incorporated in Brasil and is operated under license from Shape Blue Ltd. ShapeBlue is a registered trademark.