Posted to dev@myfaces.apache.org by Stan Silvert <st...@jboss.com> on 2006/04/10 23:08:15 UTC

JBoss acquired by RedHat

Hello MyFaces folks ("MyFacers"??).  I believe in being completely
transparent, so I will tell you that I didn't actually write the text
below.  I was asked to send out an email as JBoss' representative to the
MyFaces project and I decided to go with the suggested template.
However, I really am personally excited about it.  As some of you on the
dev list may have noticed, I've been given more time to work on MyFaces
lately and I now expect this support to continue or increase.

-------------

Announcement: JBoss signs Definitive Agreement to be acquired by Red Hat

I am personally excited to tell you that JBoss has accepted an
acquisition offer from Red Hat.  The goal of JBoss has always been to
promote and accelerate the adoption of Open Source and the Professional
Open Source Model and we are excited to be joining the largest
independent open source provider.  Together we will further expedite the
development and adoption of new innovative open source products.

Red Hat recognizes that the developer community plays a pivotal role in
the success of JBoss and will invest significant resources in the JBoss
developer community with more extensive online education, additional
training options, and other initiatives to help ensure their continued
support and success.

JBoss will continue contributions to MyFaces. Both Red Hat and JBoss are
dedicated to open source licensing models and will ensure that JBoss
products will continue to be offered under business-friendly open source
licenses.  JBoss will remain focused on providing the high-quality open
source middleware and delivering the excellent support that our
customers have come to expect.

I am convinced that the Red Hat acquisition will lead to continuity and
growth for our developer community. For full details, please visit the
JBoss website:  www.jboss.com/redhat.

Best Regards,

Stan Silvert

JBoss, Inc.