Posted to dev@wookie.apache.org by Ate Douma <at...@douma.nu> on 2011/10/31 12:31:58 UTC

Re: Rave 0.5-incubating

I don't really like to (only temporary) using svn:externals.
The wookie connector should come from Wookie, not us.
And I'd prefer to have a wookie server module and not rely on an external one
which only makes sense for a very minimal/restricted demo only.

If we only are trying to 'squeeze' this in for the 0.5-incubator release to show
on the ApacheCon, I'd rather just build my demo locally for which I don't need
this in the 0.5-incubator release anyway.

My preference is to do this the 'right' way, meaning: wait until Wookie is ready
and not hack something together which needs to be 'fixed' right after the
release again. If this means temporarily disabling again (commenting out) the
SNAPSHOT based wookie integration, so be it.

And the same goes for Wookie (cross-posting this therefore also to wookie-dev@).
IMO the wookie-connector should become a separate module with its own and
independent release cycle (separate trunk). AFAIK this is already anticipated
for wookie 0.9.2 (trunk). The current security issue for Wookie also wouldn't
affect the wookie-connector then, which is good.

For Wookie, I'd prefer skipping the 0.9.1 release then altogether and simply
focus on getting the 0.9.2 release ready. Rave 0.6-incubator than can pick up
that version instead. Trying to get a RCx version for 0.9.1 released until no
further issues are found, while trunk already has this fixed is an inefficient
and confusing to say the least (how many 0.9.1 votes can you have?)

Ate

RE: Rave 0.5-incubating

Posted by "Franklin, Matthew B." <mf...@mitre.org>.

+1.  I will comment out the additions to the POM before I push the button on the release