Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by Michael Kearns <mi...@saaconsultants.com> on 2006/11/03 14:38:54 UTC

Portlet Selector only contains j2-admin portlets...

Hi,

I have several new portlets in my Jetspeed-2 installation (2.0.1 build),
and yet when I use the portlet selector to edit a page, it only ever
lists the portlets present in the j2-admin WAR and doesn't include any
of my own WAR portlets.

I can see the portlets that I've added in all of the admin views, and
they work correctly in every way, other than appearing in the portlet
selector. I'm logged in as admin in the portal.

Is there something special I need to do, to ensure they appear in the
selector ?

Many thanks,

Michael Kearns.

Re: Portlet Selector only contains j2-admin portlets...

Posted by aordin <ao...@disid.com>.
EXCUSE ME!!!

I forgot to put the correct path when i spoke about execution
environment, the complete path for put the war files is:
"/apache-tomcat-5.5.20/webapps/YOUR_PORTAL_NAME/WEB-INF/deploy" the
deploy folder isn't into the old message :'(

i'm sorry!

--

Adolfo OrdiƱana
 DiSiD S.L.L.

required entries in the web.xml

Posted by evi <ev...@evi.pri.ee>.
Hello!

I have installed Jetspeed exactly as advised on web page but for some reason
cannot get it started on Tomcat, the error message is : "FAIL - Application
at context path /jetspeed could not be started" and the logfile "INFO:
WARNING: Security role name admin used in an <auth-constraint> without being
defined in a <security-role>"

So, I presume that I have to change the web.xml file in C:\Tomcat\Tomcat
5.5\webapps\jetspeed\WEB-INF. I have the following quiestions:

1. Where to find explanation or tutorial about what to change
2. The web.xml file has "admin" as a role and I log into Tomcat as "admin"
as well (will copy a part of web.xml below). Shouldn't Tomcat roles work wit
Jetspees as well?

I use Jetspeed 2.0/Derby and Tomcat/5.5.20

Grateful for any advise how to proceed and where to find step-by-step
advise.

Evi

web.xml file in C:\Tomcat\Tomcat 5.5\webapps\jetspeed\WEB-INF:

 - <security-constraint>
- <web-resource-collection>
  <web-resource-name>Login</web-resource-name>
  <url-pattern>/login/redirector</url-pattern>
  </web-resource-collection>
- <auth-constraint>
  <role-name>*</role-name>
  </auth-constraint>
  </security-constraint>
- <!--   securing the ManagerServlet
  -->
- <security-constraint>
- <web-resource-collection>
  <web-resource-name>Manager</web-resource-name>
  <url-pattern>/manager/*</url-pattern>
  </web-resource-collection>
- <auth-constraint>
  <role-name>admin</role-name>
  </auth-constraint>
  </security-constraint>

Re: Portlet Selector only contains j2-admin portlets...

Posted by aordin <ao...@disid.com>.