Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by Fariborz Navidan <md...@gmail.com> on 2018/09/21 18:03:26 UTC

VR DHCP server does not lease secondary IPs to guests

Hello folks,

When I add secondary IPs to a VM, DHCP server on virtual router does not
offer those to dhcp client. Do I need to modify OS templates to do this? If
yes, how should I get secondary IPs when they are not available in the
dhclient's lease files?

Thanks for any advise!

Re: VR DHCP server does not lease secondary IPs to guests

Posted by Jon Marshall <jm...@hotmail.co.uk>.
If you allocate a secondary IP to a VM you don't want the VR to offer that IP to another VM otherwise you could end up with
two VMs trying to use the same IP.

If you remove the secondary IP from the VM then the VR can allocate that IP to another VM.

Posted by Ivan Kudryavtsev <ku...@bw-sw.com>.
Hello, Fariborz. Secondary IPs are statically configured. No dhcp offers
for them.