Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by Michael Heinen <mh...@recommind.com> on 2008/02/22 17:08:12 UTC

selectManyCheckbox - false items should be selected

Hi,

I have a selectManyCheckbox with a value binding to a List and spread
layout. This List contains the ids that are selected.

Now I want to swap the mode so that all checkboxes which are not in this
list should be selected.

What is the easiest way for this without changing the ids in the List?

There could be a few thousand items but I'll display only a few of them
matching some criteria therefore I can't swap the ids in the list if I
swap the mode.

Do I have to create an new checkbox tag with a renderer that does this
special encoding ?

What about decoding? Should this also be done in the renderer or better
via a valueChangeListener ?

Has anybody done this before?

Michael