Posted to submarine-dev@hadoop.apache.org by "Elek, Marton" <el...@apache.org> on 2019/10/27 08:25:18 UTC

[VOTE] create ozone-dev and ozone-issues mailing lists

As discussed earlier in the thread of "Hadoop-Ozone repository mailing
list configurations" [1] I suggested to solve the current
misconfiguration problem with creating separated mailing lists
(dev/issues) for Hadoop Ozone.

It would have some additional benefit: for example it would make easier
to follow the Ozone development and future plans.

Here I am starting a new vote thread (open for at least 72 hours) to
collect more feedback about this.

Please express your opinion / vote.

Thanks a lot,
Marton

[1]
https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/dc66a30f48a744534e748c418bf7ab6275896166ca5ade11560ebaef@%3Chdfs-dev.hadoop.apache.org%3E

Re: [VOTE] create ozone-dev and ozone-issues mailing lists

Posted by Rohith Sharma K S <ro...@apache.org>.
+1, Thanks Marton, for the consensus and action plan!

-Rohith Sharma K S

Posted by "Elek, Marton" <el...@apache.org>.
 > The immediate problem we need to fix is to prevent github updates from
 > spamming the dev mailing list.
 > github to that?

For me, it's less confusing to create both of the issues and the dev
list at the same time. Just to follow the existing pattern.

I would prefer to solve multiple problems at the same time:

  * remove the notification noise from the hdfs-dev
  * create a place where certain features / design decision can be discussed

I assume that we will follow the current practice:

  * All generic votes / releases will be sent to all the *-dev@hadoop
mailing lists

  * Generic hadoop-storage specific information / summaries can be sent
to both hdfs-dev/ozone-dev

  * Low-level design discussions can be part of ozone-dev only

But if you see any problem with ozone-dev please downvote that part and
I will create only the -issues list...

Thanks,
Marton

Posted by "Elek, Marton" <el...@apache.org>.

Posted by "Elek, Marton" <el...@apache.org>.

Posted by "Elek, Marton" <el...@apache.org>.

Posted by "Elek, Marton" <el...@apache.org>.

Posted by Jitendra Pandey <ji...@cloudera.com.INVALID>.

Posted by Jitendra Pandey <ji...@cloudera.com.INVALID>.

Posted by Jitendra Pandey <ji...@cloudera.com.INVALID>.

Posted by Jitendra Pandey <ji...@cloudera.com.INVALID>.

Posted by Jitendra Pandey <ji...@cloudera.com.INVALID>.

Posted by Dinesh Chitlangia <dc...@cloudera.com.INVALID>.
+1

Posted by Akira Ajisaka <aa...@apache.org>.
+1

Posted by Akira Ajisaka <aa...@apache.org>.
+1

Posted by Rohith Sharma K S <ro...@apache.org>.

Posted by Ayush Saxena <ay...@gmail.com>.
+1

-Ayush

Posted by Ayush Saxena <ay...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by Ayush Saxena <ay...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by Dinesh Chitlangia <dc...@cloudera.com.INVALID>.
+1

Posted by yisheng lien <cx...@gmail.com>.
+1
It's very useful to track the project.

Elek, Marton <el...@apache.org> 於 2019年10月27日 週日 下午4:25寫道:

Posted by Arpit Agarwal <aa...@cloudera.com.INVALID>.
Good idea. Thanks Ayush.

Filed https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HADOOP-16688 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HADOOP-16688>

Posted by Ayush Saxena <ay...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Posted by "Elek, Marton" <el...@apache.org>.
Thanks Arpit.

Posted by Arpit Agarwal <aa...@cloudera.com.INVALID>.

Posted by Arpit Agarwal <aa...@cloudera.com.INVALID>.

Posted by Arpit Agarwal <aa...@cloudera.com.INVALID>.

Posted by Arpit Agarwal <aa...@cloudera.com.INVALID>.

Posted by Arpit Agarwal <aa...@cloudera.com.INVALID>.

Posted by "Elek, Marton" <el...@apache.org>.

Posted by "Elek, Marton" <el...@apache.org>.

Posted by Rohith Sharma K S <ro...@apache.org>.

Posted by Akira Ajisaka <aa...@apache.org>.
+1

Posted by Akira Ajisaka <aa...@apache.org>.
+1

Posted by Arpit Agarwal <aa...@cloudera.com.INVALID>.
+1

Posted by "Elek, Marton" <el...@apache.org>.

Posted by Rohith Sharma K S <ro...@apache.org>.

Posted by Rohith Sharma K S <ro...@apache.org>.

Posted by Ayush Saxena <ay...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by "Elek, Marton" <el...@apache.org>.

Posted by Arpit Agarwal <aa...@cloudera.com.INVALID>.
+1

Posted by Sandeep Nemuri <nh...@gmail.com>.
+1 (non-binding)

On Sun, Oct 27, 2019 at 1:55 PM Elek, Marton <el...@apache.org> wrote:

> As discussed earlier in the thread of "Hadoop-Ozone repository mailing
> list configurations" [1] I suggested to solve the current
> misconfiguration problem with creating separated mailing lists
> (dev/issues) for Hadoop Ozone.
>
> It would have some additional benefit: for example it would make easier
> to follow the Ozone development and future plans.
>
> Here I am starting a new vote thread (open for at least 72 hours) to
> collect more feedback about this.
>
> Please express your opinion / vote.
>
> Thanks a lot,
> Marton