Posted to users@jackrabbit.apache.org by katsu <kt...@haessler.com> on 2012/10/16 16:32:08 UTC

How to enable SSL in Jackrabbit

Hi,

I have mounted Jackrabbit (e.g.
http://localhost:8080/webclient/repository/default) such that I can access
the repository via Windows Explorer. Everything works fine and I can access
files on the repository such as pdf (I just need to enter the
user&password). However, when I try to open an Office type file, I got an
error saying that
"You cannot open Office file types directly from a server that supports only
Basic authentication over a non-SSL connection".
Microsoft supoort site suggested to enable SSL encryption or allow Office
application to connect to non-SSL connection.

I don't want the latter option. So I tried to find examples on how to
configure Jackrabbit with SSL.
But can't find much information on that.

Would be great if someone can give me some help on that.

Many thanks.

Kate

Re: How to enable SSL in Jackrabbit

Posted by katsu <kt...@haessler.com>.
Thanks for your tips.

Re: How to enable SSL in Jackrabbit

Posted by Hendry_Betts <he...@greenskycredit.com>.
Kate,

This is more of a server configuration question. You would want to
reconfigure your localhost Tomcat instance to support SSL and then make sure
that you require SSL for your Jackrabbit application.

For Tomcat 5.5 see http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-5.5-doc/ssl-howto.html
For Tomcat 6 see http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-6.0-doc/ssl-howto.html
For Tomcat 7 see http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-7.0-doc/ssl-howto.html

It should be straight forward from there.