Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by Raymond Jennings III <ra...@yahoo.com> on 2009/11/10 17:01:39 UTC

Error with replication and namespaceID

On the actual datanodes I see the following exception:  I am not sure what the namespaceID is or how to sync them.  Thanks for any advice!

/************************************************************
STARTUP_MSG: Starting DataNode
STARTUP_MSG:   host = pingo-3.poly.edu/128.238.55.33
STARTUP_MSG:   args = []
STARTUP_MSG:   version = 0.20.1
STARTUP_MSG:   build = http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/hadoop/common/tags/release-0.20.1-rc1 -r 810220; compiled by 'oom' on Tue Sep  1 20:55:56 UTC 2009
2009-11-09 09:57:45,328 ERROR org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.datanode.DataNode: java.io.IOException: Incompatible namespaceIDs in /tmp/hadoop-root/dfs/data: namenode namespaceID = 1016244663; datanode namespaceID = 1687029285
        at org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.datanode.DataStorage.doTransition(DataStorage.java:233)
        at org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.datanode.DataStorage.recoverTransitionRead(DataStorage.java:148)
        at org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.datanode.DataNode.startDataNode(DataNode.java:298)
        at org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.datanode.DataNode.<init>(DataNode.java:216)
        at org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.datanode.DataNode.makeInstance(DataNode.java:1283)
        at org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.datanode.DataNode.instantiateDataNode(DataNode.java:1238)
        at org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.datanode.DataNode.createDataNode(DataNode.java:1246)
        at org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.datanode.DataNode.main(DataNode.java:1368)

Posted by Raymond Jennings III <ra...@yahoo.com>.
Thanks!!!  That worked!  I guess I can edit the number on the datanodes as well but if there is an even more "official" way to resolve this I would be interested in hearing about it.

Posted by Edmund Kohlwey <ek...@gmail.com>.
Hi Ray,