Posted to commits@xerces.apache.org by Apache Wiki <wi...@apache.org> on 2008/03/11 09:56:21 UTC

[Xerces Wiki] Update of "March2008" by BorisKolpackov

Dear Wiki user,

You have subscribed to a wiki page or wiki category on "Xerces Wiki" for change notification.

The following page has been changed by BorisKolpackov:
http://wiki.apache.org/xerces/March2008

The comment on the change is:
Add report for Xerces-C++

  Aside from some prototyping on an implementation of XML Schema 1.1 the project has been fairly quiet. Design thoughts have been posted on the Wiki. A few JIRA issues were recently raised by a member regarding the website/documentation (e.g. links to MD5 files) and packages we've published. We plan to address these before having our next release.

  === Xerces-C ===
+
+ A number of big tasks have been completed in the preparation for the 3.0.0 release:
+
+  * Website copy split and documentation reorganization in order to host both 3 and 2-series releases.
+  * Reorganization of the autotools-based build system.
+  * Removal of the lazy initialization that relied on invalid double-checked locking trick.
+  * Clean up of the error messages.
+
+ The build and tests are now passing on a number of platforms that were known to fail before (AIX, Solaris, Cygwin/Mingw). See the XercescBuildStatus  page for details. A successful vote for the release of 3.0.0 beta was held.

  === Xerces-P ===