Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Liviu Tudor <li...@gmail.com> on 2011/12/23 16:02:52 UTC

Commons Modeler

Hi everyone, apologies for the email but I spoke earlier on with Simo, who
encouraged me to use the dev ML a bit more ‹ hence this email :)
In brief, recently I had worked on a project where I found myself using (for
the first time, truth being told) the Commons Modeler. Since there was
hardly any documentation on this project at the time, I put together a post
on my blog on the way I used this component. It then occurred to me that it
makes sense to have this on the Modeler wiki page as well ‹ so those of you
who are watching the Modeler wiki would have seen my recent changes on
http://wiki.apache.org/commons/Modeler, where I included the link to my
original post (in the "External Resources" section). I then went on and
copied and adapted the content of the original post in a page on its own at
http://wiki.apache.org/commons/WrapUpBeanWithBaseModelMBean ‹ which is also
referenced from the main Modeler wiki page as well.
Am I right now in assuming the guys @ Modeler will manage/accept/reject my
changes and decide whether we need the link to my post as well as the page I
created? Or do I have to signal this on this list and find out opinions on
this ‹ and then go and execute these myself?
The other thing as well, in my wiki page, I had included the full listing of
the code ‹ is there a way I can maybe commit the sources to SVN so people
can download these and also maybe we can reference these in the wiki page? I
personally find it much easier to download a source file and view it in my
Eclipse rather than traversing the code on a web page ‹ maybe that's just me
thoughŠ
Apologies for the so many questions in a single email!

Liv

Liviu Tudor

E: liviu.tudor@gmail.com <ma...@gmail.com>
M: +44 (0)7917696626
W: http://about.me/liviutudor <http://about.me/liviutudor>
Skype: liviutudor

I'm nobody, nobody's perfect -- therefore I'm perfect!

Re: [modeler] Commons Modeler

Posted by Bill Barker <bi...@verizon.net>.
Thank you for the documentation.  There is admittedly a lack of
documentation currently for [modeler], and every bit helps.  I'm more used
to seeing using metadata to load the MBeans in [modeler] (like Tomcat does,
and Jetty at least used to do, since haven't looked at Jetty in awhile). But
I can see the use case for your example.  However, to answer one of your
questions, the wiki is open to anyone that doesn't abuse/spam it.

Of course, you cannot currently commit to svn.  The best path is to open a
Jira issue and attach the examples there.  I'm the last even semi-active
[modeler] developer according to the website, since it never really gained a
community.  But would consider adding an examples section if it helps
actually create a community.  Of course, SImo or others could pick up the
patch and add it if they wanted to as well.