Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Dom Incollingo <Do...@austin.rr.com> on 2005/04/10 03:57:22 UTC

Which Version of J2EE with Struts?

Hello,

Is Struts compatible with J2EE 1.4?  I'm using Struts 1.2.4 with J2EE
1.4.  I cannot compile Struts class MultipartRequestWrapper (it
implements HttpServletRequest), because it does not implement four
abstract methods added to the HttpServletRequest interface in J2EE 1.4.
  Should I be using J2EE 1.3 rather than 1.4 with Struts?  Or is there a
version of Struts that supports J2EE 1.4?

Thanks for your help.

Dom

Re: Which Version of J2EE with Struts?

Posted by Dom Incollingo <Do...@austin.rr.com>.
David,

Thanks for the reply.  I'm using Eclipse as an IDE and I'm trying to
compile the source code there.  There is a J2EE jar in my CLASSPATH, but
not a separate servlet jar.  The J2EE jar contains all the class files
for the javax.servlet and javax.servlet.http packages.

All the Struts code compiles when I remove the source code for
MultipartRequestWrapper from the project.  (The Struts jar files are in
the build path, so any references to MultipartRequestWrapper still
resolve.)  But MultipartRequestWrapper won't compile because it does not
implement all methods specified in the interface that it implements.

Dom