Posted to dev@cordova.apache.org by Bin Wang <bi...@gmail.com> on 2015/04/16 03:42:19 UTC

Cordova Camera Plugin Unfetchable

Hey there,

I am trying to use the Cordova camera plugin following this
<http://docs.phonegap.com/en/edge/cordova_camera_camera.md.html> tutorial.

However, here is what happens:
$ cordova plugin add org.apache.cordova.camera
Fetching plugin "org.apache.cordova.camera" via plugin registry
npm http GET
http://cordova.iriscouch.com/registry/_design/app/_rewrite/org.apache.cordova.camera/-/org.apache.cordova.camera-0.3.6.tgz
npm ERR! fetch failed
http://cordova.iriscouch.com/registry/_design/app/_rewrite/org.apache.cordova.camera/-/org.apache.cordova.camera-0.3.6.tgz
npm http GET
http://cordova.iriscouch.com/registry/_design/app/_rewrite/org.apache.cordova.camera/-/org.apache.cordova.camera-0.3.6.tgz
npm ERR! fetch failed
http://cordova.iriscouch.com/registry/_design/app/_rewrite/org.apache.cordova.camera/-/org.apache.cordova.camera-0.3.6.tgz
npm http GET
http://cordova.iriscouch.com/registry/_design/app/_rewrite/org.apache.cordova.camera/-/org.apache.cordova.camera-0.3.6.tgz
npm ERR! fetch failed
http://cordova.iriscouch.com/registry/_design/app/_rewrite/org.apache.cordova.camera/-/org.apache.cordova.camera-0.3.6.tgz
Error: getaddrinfo ENOTFOUND
    at errnoException (dns.js:37:11)
    at Object.onanswer [as oncomplete] (dns.js:124:16)

Quick google search tells me it might be the server being down. I just want
to confirm with the experts and see what I can do to get around that?

Best,

/usr/bin

Re: Cordova Camera Plugin Unfetchable

Posted by "Homer, Tony" <to...@intel.com>.
Bin-

TL;DR - There is a DNS issue, it should be resolved soon or already.

For the record, this mailing list is for discussing Cordova development,
not for user support issues.
The subject of the last topic prior to your inquiry was ³Plugin registry
down², reported by Max and acted on by Steve.
That being said, just to be friendly, you could get around it in the very
short term by cloning the github repo.
Then you could add the plugin from your local file system copy.

Tony

P.S. /usr/bin - very cute.