Posted to user-java@ibatis.apache.org by Abdullah Kauchali <ab...@isanusi.com> on 2006/10/07 14:10:24 UTC

Arrays instead of java.util.List?

Does iBatis support resultsets as arrays or the population of beans that
have array properties instead of java.util.List?

>From the example doc:

<resultMap id="categoryResult" class="com.ibatis.example.Category"
groupBy="id">
<result property="id" column="CAT_ID"/>
<result property="description" column="CAT_DESCRIPTION"/>
<result property="productList" resultMap="ProductCategory.productResult"/>
</resultMap>

Can the property "productList" be an array?

I have a complex type as a Java Bean that I'd like to populate using the 1:M
ibatis facility and I cannot serialize a java.util.List - only array of
objects.

Any ideas?

Many thanks & kind regards,

RE: Arrays instead of java.util.List?

Posted by Abdullah Kauchali <ab...@isanusi.com>.
Hi Richard,

Web services and Lists (collections) are not good friends.  :(

Ie. I cannot serialize a POJO if it contains a List property - because it
then becomes opaque to the WSDL.

Posted by Richard Yee <ry...@cruzio.com>.
Abdullah,

Posted by Abdullah Kauchali <ab...@isanusi.com>.