Posted to dev@kafka.apache.org by Randall Hauch <rh...@gmail.com> on 2019/10/25 14:10:24 UTC

Subject: [VOTE] 2.2.2 RC2

Hello all, we identified around three dozen bug fixes, including an update
of a third party dependency, and wanted to release a patch release for the
Apache Kafka 2.2.0 release.

This is the *second* candidate for release of Apache Kafka 2.2.2. (RC1 did
not include a fix for https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/KAFKA-9053, but
the fix appeared before RC1 was announced so it was easier to just create
RC2.)

Check out the release notes for a complete list of the changes in this
release candidate:
https://home.apache.org/~rhauch/kafka-2.2.2-rc2/RELEASE_NOTES.html

*** Please download, test and vote by Wednesday, October 30, 9am PT>

Kafka's KEYS file containing PGP keys we use to sign the release:
https://kafka.apache.org/KEYS

* Release artifacts to be voted upon (source and binary):
https://home.apache.org/~rhauch/kafka-2.2.2-rc2/

* Maven artifacts to be voted upon:
https://repository.apache.org/content/groups/staging/org/apache/kafka/

* Javadoc:
https://home.apache.org/~rhauch/kafka-2.2.2-rc2/javadoc/

* Tag to be voted upon (off 2.2 branch) is the 2.2.2 tag:
https://github.com/apache/kafka/releases/tag/2.2.2-rc2

* Documentation:
https://kafka.apache.org/22/documentation.html

* Protocol:
https://kafka.apache.org/22/protocol.html

* Successful Jenkins builds for the 2.2 branch:
Unit/integration tests: https://builds.apache.org/job/kafka-2.2-jdk8/1/
System tests:
https://jenkins.confluent.io/job/system-test-kafka/job/2.2/216/

/**************************************

Thanks,

Randall Hauch

Re: Subject: [VOTE] 2.2.2 RC2

Posted by Jakub Scholz <ja...@scholz.cz>.
+1 (non-binding) ... I used the prepared artifacts (Scala 2.12) and run my
tests against them. All seems to be fine.

Re: Subject: [VOTE] 2.2.2 RC2

Posted by Jakub Scholz <ja...@scholz.cz>.

Re: Subject: [VOTE] 2.2.2 RC2

Posted by "Matthias J. Sax" <ma...@confluent.io>.

Re: Subject: [VOTE] 2.2.2 RC2

Posted by "Matthias J. Sax" <ma...@confluent.io>.

Re: Subject: [VOTE] 2.2.2 RC2

Posted by Satish Duggana <sa...@gmail.com>.
+1 (non-binding)

- Ran testAll/releaseTarGzAll successfully with no failures.
- Ran through quickstart of core/streams on builds generated from 2.3.0-rc2
tag.
- Ran a few internal apps with ~2500 topic-partitions on 5 a node cluster.

Thanks,
Satish.

Re: Subject: [VOTE] 2.2.2 RC2

Posted by Satish Duggana <sa...@gmail.com>.
+1 (non-binding)

Re: Subject: [VOTE] 2.2.2 RC2

Posted by Bill Bejeck <bb...@gmail.com>.
   - verified signatures
   - built it from source
   - ran unit tests

+1 (non-binding)

Re: Subject: [VOTE] 2.2.2 RC2

Posted by Bill Bejeck <bb...@gmail.com>.
   - verified signatures
   - built it from source
   - ran unit tests

+1 (non-binding)

Re: Subject: [VOTE] 2.2.2 RC2

Posted by David Arthur <mu...@gmail.com>.

--
David Arthur

Re: Subject: [VOTE] 2.2.2 RC2

Posted by David Arthur <mu...@gmail.com>.

--
David Arthur

Re: Subject: [VOTE] 2.2.2 RC2

Posted by Eric Lalonde <er...@autonomic.ai>.
Hello,

In an effort to assist in the verification of release candidates, I have authored the following quick-and-dirty utility to help people verify release candidate artifacts: https://github.com/elalonde/kafka/blob/master/bin/verify-kafka-rc.sh <https://github.com/elalonde/kafka/blob/master/bin/verify-kafka-rc.sh> . I have executed this script for 2.2.2 rc2 and everything looks good:

Re: Subject: [VOTE] 2.2.2 RC2

Posted by Eric Lalonde <er...@autonomic.ai>.
Hello,

Re: Subject: [VOTE] 2.2.2 RC2

Posted by Randall Hauch <rh...@gmail.com>.
Thanks, Mickael!

Re: Subject: [VOTE] 2.2.2 RC2

Posted by Randall Hauch <rh...@gmail.com>.
Thanks, Mickael!

Re: Subject: [VOTE] 2.2.2 RC2

Posted by Mickael Maison <mi...@gmail.com>.
+1 (non binding)

Re: Subject: [VOTE] 2.2.2 RC2

Posted by Mickael Maison <mi...@gmail.com>.
+1 (non binding)

Re: Subject: [VOTE] 2.2.2 RC2

Posted by Randall Hauch <rh...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for reviewing this release candidate!

This vote passes with 9 +1 votes (3 bindings) and no 0 or -1 votes.

+1 votes
PMC Members:
* Matthias J. Sax
* Gwen Shapira
* Jason Gustafson

Committers:
* Mickael Maison
* David Arthur
* Bill Bejeck

Community:
* Eric Lalonde
* Satish Duggana
* Jakub Scholz

0 votes
* No votes

-1 votes
* No votes

Vote thread:
https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/94ebd543423e39fb04d8935d901d18e01803e42977440ac1476982eb@%3Cdev.kafka.apache.org%3E

I'll continue with the release process and the release announcement will
follow in the next few days.

Randall Hauch
Committer and AK 2.2.2 Release Manager

Re: Subject: [VOTE] 2.2.2 RC2